Our Garage Sale Weekend

Before I get into our garage sale weekend adventure, I wanted to mention that I-girl will have another EEG on Thursday of this week. We were not anticipating this until next summer, but Mike and I decided to ask the doctor at Primary Children's if it were possible to do one a year early. I called his office on Friday and left a message but I never heard back from him. Yesterday, they called to schedule the EEG, so I was somewhat surprised.

I-girl has not had a seizure since last August. She has been on phenobarbital for over a year now, and the doctor wants to put her on a new medicine. We tried Keppra two months ago, but she ended up being allergic to it, so we took her off of it. We are nervous to try any new medications with her because of the reaction she had to the last one and the risks and side effects of the two other medications seem a little too much for us right now. We thought doing her EEG now would at least let us know if she even needs to be on medication. We are praying that her EEG will be normal this time, but we also realize that it is all in the Lord's hands. I'm glad we were able to get her in before S-girl starts school. It's a blessing the way things have worked out.

Okay, so on to the title of this email. This past weekend we had a garage sale. We had so much stuff that we needed to get rid of. We are framing the basement right now, and needed to clear out some room so Mike could work down there (We are on the 5 year plan for our basement, now that the 5 year plan for our yard is almost finished.) Mike's brother and his family lived with us last year and helped us get started, but we still had a lot of clutter down there that we didn't need anymore. We were able to sell most of the big stuff, and hauled the rest away to the DI when we were finished. It's such a good feeling to have cleaned out so much stuff that we didn't use or love anymore. It was a great day, and I'm glad it is over, at least for 5 years or so, until we have more clutter to unload!

This is a photo of M-boy with his cousin. They were born three months apart.
They came up to visit during our sale. It was so good to see you! Mike put our tiller out for sale. We didn't sell it though. To tell you the truth, I don't think Mike really wanted to get rid of it anyway. That's probably why he priced it a little high. We don't have much a need for it anymore because of our Square Foot Gardens. Everyone who came asked about it though, and you should have seen the men drooling over it. M-boy was even attracted to it. He is a true male.

I-girl found the broom in the garage and rode it around saying she was flying.


S-girl sold brownies and soda. She would tell everyone who came what she had for sale. It was really cute.



Comments

Bonny said…
Don't you love that? I have boxes to take to the DI, but I've been bad about it. Maybe I should have a sale...How much did he want for the tiller? We really need one, but have just been borrowing one from a neighbor. Just curious. :) Good for you and your cute daughter. What initiative. Also, my sis was an phenobarbital forever and she stopped when she had kids. I don't think she ever started again, but I could be wrong. Hope all goes well with I.
Jess said…
Hooray-- I found your cute blog!!

I hope it is okay that I looked at it. Do you mind if I add you to my side bar? If so, I totally understand.

Congrats on your yard sale. That is always so nice to clear stuff out. I wish I would have known to come and buy a drink and brownie from S. That is so darling!!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party