Garage Sale Fever & the Ward Party
On Saturday, Mike had to spray the house for bugs, and we had to be gone until the spray was dry, so I bravely packed up all three kids, piled them in the car, and went to some garage sales. I have not been all summer long, and after last weeks garage sale, I started to catch the excitement of wanting to go again. I was really nervous to take all three kids with me alone, and could only imagine the possible melt downs that could have happened that morning.
I explained to the girls that they each had a certain amount of money to spend, and when it was gone that was it. They did really good, and we actually had a really great time. We spent $9.00, including what the girls spent, and we bought a lot of stuff. S-girl found a pet shop toy key chain that that normally sells for $20.00, which we bought along with a whole box of dress up things (necklaces, dress up shoes, mirrors, combs, purses etc), and a pair on jeans for S-girl, all for $5.00.
M-boy was pretty good too, but the next time I take him, I'm going to put him in the stroller at each one. It is impossible to look at things when he is walking all over the place.
I also found some clothes for me, at .25 cents a piece, some new inserts for the burner plates on my stove (which I desperately needed) and a Halloween trick or treat bucket which we needed for this year (only two more to find now before October).
Wow, I don't know if I will ever buy things new again! (I'm sure I will, but it made me feel so good to have bought so much, for so little!) The kids were so excited about their treasures too! After two hours, M-boy was tired and hungry and the house was dry, so we headed home. I don't have any photos from our adventure, but it was sure a lot of fun. I keep trying to talk Mike into going, but I don't know if he is completely convinced yet.
This is a photo of what I-girl did with the leftover garage sale stickers from last weekend. I found them all over the house, on everything. She even put them on every body's hands.
On Saturday night, we had our ward party. I made a salad for it, and this is a photo of all of the kids helping me do the dishes afterwards. I have such wonderful helpers!

I explained to the girls that they each had a certain amount of money to spend, and when it was gone that was it. They did really good, and we actually had a really great time. We spent $9.00, including what the girls spent, and we bought a lot of stuff. S-girl found a pet shop toy key chain that that normally sells for $20.00, which we bought along with a whole box of dress up things (necklaces, dress up shoes, mirrors, combs, purses etc), and a pair on jeans for S-girl, all for $5.00.
M-boy was pretty good too, but the next time I take him, I'm going to put him in the stroller at each one. It is impossible to look at things when he is walking all over the place.
I also found some clothes for me, at .25 cents a piece, some new inserts for the burner plates on my stove (which I desperately needed) and a Halloween trick or treat bucket which we needed for this year (only two more to find now before October).
Wow, I don't know if I will ever buy things new again! (I'm sure I will, but it made me feel so good to have bought so much, for so little!) The kids were so excited about their treasures too! After two hours, M-boy was tired and hungry and the house was dry, so we headed home. I don't have any photos from our adventure, but it was sure a lot of fun. I keep trying to talk Mike into going, but I don't know if he is completely convinced yet.
This is a photo of what I-girl did with the leftover garage sale stickers from last weekend. I found them all over the house, on everything. She even put them on every body's hands.
On Saturday night, we had our ward party. I made a salad for it, and this is a photo of all of the kids helping me do the dishes afterwards. I have such wonderful helpers!
I-girl loved the salad, and especially loved helping me make it.

I-girl had to get dressed up to go to the party. These were some of her garage sale finds from earlier in the day.
We all had a lot of fun. I-girl did not want to go home at all. She is our little "social butterfly" .

I-girl had to get dressed up to go to the party. These were some of her garage sale finds from earlier in the day.
We all had a lot of fun. I-girl did not want to go home at all. She is our little "social butterfly" .The bounce house was of course a hit!
The look on M-boys face is too cute! Gotta love the Cheeto grin!
The look on M-boys face is too cute! Gotta love the Cheeto grin!
Comments
Missed you Sunday. We will have to catch up sometime!