S-girls Unofficial First Day of School
It seems so strange for S-girl to be starting school in the middle of the summer. But, on Monday, that is where we were. It was Kindergarten Orientation, and she loved it. She is in the morning class of year round school.
They colored a place mat that they will use in the morning for breakfast, and they drew pictures of themselves on the first day of school. She has a wonderful teacher who already knows a lot of the kids names. I have been very impressed with her. She read the kids a book called "The Kissing Hand" about a raccoon who is nervous to start school. It was so cute. There was also a parent meeting, and because it was raining outside, they took the kids into a different classroom to watch a movie. The boy who was chosen to be the line leader and lead all of the other kids into the other classroom started singing "Follow the Prophet". It was so funny.
She officially starts school on Tuesday, after all of the testing is finished. I took her back on Tuesday for her testing. She seemed a little nervous at first because I was out in the hall, but she did very well. She keeps saying she wants to go back to school to see her teacher again and is counting down the days until she can officially start school. There are at least four other kids in her class that live in our neighborhood. I am so excited for her to start, I know she will love it!

This is her drawing herself on the first day of school.
They colored a place mat that they will use in the morning for breakfast, and they drew pictures of themselves on the first day of school. She has a wonderful teacher who already knows a lot of the kids names. I have been very impressed with her. She read the kids a book called "The Kissing Hand" about a raccoon who is nervous to start school. It was so cute. There was also a parent meeting, and because it was raining outside, they took the kids into a different classroom to watch a movie. The boy who was chosen to be the line leader and lead all of the other kids into the other classroom started singing "Follow the Prophet". It was so funny.
She officially starts school on Tuesday, after all of the testing is finished. I took her back on Tuesday for her testing. She seemed a little nervous at first because I was out in the hall, but she did very well. She keeps saying she wants to go back to school to see her teacher again and is counting down the days until she can officially start school. There are at least four other kids in her class that live in our neighborhood. I am so excited for her to start, I know she will love it!

This is her drawing herself on the first day of school.


Comments