First Canning of the Season

I bottled our first product of the season. I picked all of our beets in our garden and I bottled 10 pints. My kids love to eat beets. I planted beans where the beets were. I love Square Foot Gardening, that makes it possible!

I hope I will be able to keep the slugs at bay for the rest of the season. I put slug bait down & I have not seen any slug damage since. Although SL found this little critter, and loved it. I can't stand to touch the things. Mike kept teasing me because I didn't want to put the bait down. He said "Are you worried that they are going to jump out at you"? He had a good point.

SL put this little critter in a bowl with some water in it and said it was sleeping. When I looked at it, it was sleeping alright, the way bugs do when they are dead.




Comments

That is awesome Debbie! Beets are so tasty and pretty to look at. When I come up this week will you give me a short version of your SFG lesson that you taught? I bought the book and I'm totally doing it next year but I'd love to learn your tips and tricks that you've learned.
-Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party