4th of July
The 4th of July ranks right on up there with Christmas in my book. Ever since I can remember, We would go to the Stadium of Fire in Provo every year for the 4th of July. When I was on my mission, I missed being home on the 4th of July more than I missed being home on Christmas. That could have something to do with the fact that Scotland doesn't celebrate the 4th of July.
Anyway, Mike and I stopped going to Provo last year for the 4th for a couple of reasons. 1-He was on the city council and needed to stick around here, and the second reason, which is probably the main reason we stopped going was because IL was really hard to manage at the Stadium of Fire the year before when she was 15 months old. My sister in law and I ended up letting her run around by the concession stands during the concert, and I really didn't enjoy it much. After that, Mike and I decided we would stay around home, and enjoy the festivities here. Last year, Mike had a booth at the carnival because he was running for re-election, so he was there the majority of the day. This year, he spent the majority of the day there as well because the Youth City Council, which Mike is an advisor to, was selling soda pop as a fun raiser, and Mike had to supervise.
It was such a fun day. My parents ended up being home this year too because they were not able to get Stadium of Fire tickets (dang that Miley Cyrus!). It was so nice to have them spend the day with us though, and I must admit, I was not sad at all that they were not able to go (Sorry mom and dad, it was too much fun hanging out with you!) My brother and his wife came out and spent some time with us too. It was so much fun, just to hang out. Anyway, on to the festivities.
We first went to the parade. This is a photo of the girls with their front row seat, getting ready to get as much candy as possible. We always sit by the end of the parade route, and the kids still get a ton of candy!
Here is my dad with ML.

Later on in the day, we went over to the carnival. Mike was able to leave the soda stand for a few hours and go play with us. They loved the inflatables.
IL loves the big slide. She went down three times.
They had a scales and tales reptile exhibit. This is a tortoise. It is at least 20 years old.
This is a python. I have never seen a snake this big, even in the zoo. It was at least 20 feet long.

One of the kids on the Youth Council dressed up like Captain Jack Sparrow. He looked really good, and even acted like him.

Of course the girls had to have bubble gum ice cream.

They were even nice enough to share with their brother with no bubble gum, of course.
It was such a fun day. We didn't stay for the fireworks. Someday when the kids are older, we will be able to, but they were so tired. SL fell asleep on the couch before we could put her in bed. It was great, and I even ran into an old friend from high school that I haven't seen in five years. What a fun time we had. Our city puts on a great show for the 4th!
Anyway, Mike and I stopped going to Provo last year for the 4th for a couple of reasons. 1-He was on the city council and needed to stick around here, and the second reason, which is probably the main reason we stopped going was because IL was really hard to manage at the Stadium of Fire the year before when she was 15 months old. My sister in law and I ended up letting her run around by the concession stands during the concert, and I really didn't enjoy it much. After that, Mike and I decided we would stay around home, and enjoy the festivities here. Last year, Mike had a booth at the carnival because he was running for re-election, so he was there the majority of the day. This year, he spent the majority of the day there as well because the Youth City Council, which Mike is an advisor to, was selling soda pop as a fun raiser, and Mike had to supervise.
It was such a fun day. My parents ended up being home this year too because they were not able to get Stadium of Fire tickets (dang that Miley Cyrus!). It was so nice to have them spend the day with us though, and I must admit, I was not sad at all that they were not able to go (Sorry mom and dad, it was too much fun hanging out with you!) My brother and his wife came out and spent some time with us too. It was so much fun, just to hang out. Anyway, on to the festivities.
We first went to the parade. This is a photo of the girls with their front row seat, getting ready to get as much candy as possible. We always sit by the end of the parade route, and the kids still get a ton of candy!
Later on in the day, we went over to the carnival. Mike was able to leave the soda stand for a few hours and go play with us. They loved the inflatables.
One of the kids on the Youth Council dressed up like Captain Jack Sparrow. He looked really good, and even acted like him.
Of course the girls had to have bubble gum ice cream.
They were even nice enough to share with their brother with no bubble gum, of course.
Comments