It's official, S-girl is now a school girl!
It's official, S-girl is now a school girl! She started school officially on Tuesday. She loves it! The night before, I felt really bad because M-boy had his seizure, and we were planning on having Family Home Evening, and talking about how blessings help us, and then Mike would give her a blessing before she went to school the next day. Sometimes things just don't turn out like we had planned. She handled it very well, and was quite pleased that our neighbor came over, and later my parents came to watch them. She has been so excited to start her school carreer. She had laid out all of the clothes she was going to wear the next day on the floor, so they would be right there for her when she woke up. She was awake at 6:45 the next morning. School starts at 8:40. She did everything on her morning routine, and was finished by 7:00. It was probably the longest hour and a half of her life. Mike did give her a blessing in the morning, so it worked out fine.
She drew a picture of her going to school on the first day. Then she wanted to eat something but not very much because "you know we get to eat breakfast in school mom". (This is one of the benefits of the school she goes to, it's one less thing for me to worry about in the morning!)


I love to see her excitment about school. After I went with her into her class, she got her breakfast, which was a choice between a peanut butter and jam sandwich on a graham cracker (it was shapped like an ice cream sandwich) or a sausage on a stick (it looked like a corn dog), with milk or juice. She choose the PB & J with chocolate milk. She ate about two bites and took a couple of sips of milk, and then she was done. I think she was too excited to eat. After she was finished, she choose a book and went and sat on the mat where she waited for her teacher. Then I decided it was time to leave. I walked out the door, and looked back at her a couple of times. She watched me leave, and she looked like she was going to cry. I blew her a kiss and left. When I asked her how she was feeling when I left, she told me that she got scared, but then she kept telling herself "Don't panic, don't panic", and she was fine.


When I picked her up, she was so excited to tell Mike and I about all of the fun things she did. She said they read the "Gingerbread Man" book, and then made a gingerbread man. Then they took it to the lady that makes their breakfast and she cooked it for them. But, then they couldn't find him because he ran away! Today, after her second day of school, when I asked her how her day was, she said "Mom, this is the best thing ever, we found the gingerbread man, and then we ate him"!
She has a wonderful teacher, who really loves her job. It's fun to see S-girl growing up so fast, and it's fun to see her enjoying school so much. When we asked her what her favorite part was, she said "All of it".
Mike had the day off yesterday, so after school, he took S-girl out for a daddy daughter date at McDonald's. She must have been very hungry because she ate her entire happy meal (hamburger, apple dippers and a drink) and then proceeded to eat french fries, and half of Mike's sandwich. She said that we need to do that for her every day after school. Probably not, but maybe every once in a while.

She drew a picture of her going to school on the first day. Then she wanted to eat something but not very much because "you know we get to eat breakfast in school mom". (This is one of the benefits of the school she goes to, it's one less thing for me to worry about in the morning!)


I love to see her excitment about school. After I went with her into her class, she got her breakfast, which was a choice between a peanut butter and jam sandwich on a graham cracker (it was shapped like an ice cream sandwich) or a sausage on a stick (it looked like a corn dog), with milk or juice. She choose the PB & J with chocolate milk. She ate about two bites and took a couple of sips of milk, and then she was done. I think she was too excited to eat. After she was finished, she choose a book and went and sat on the mat where she waited for her teacher. Then I decided it was time to leave. I walked out the door, and looked back at her a couple of times. She watched me leave, and she looked like she was going to cry. I blew her a kiss and left. When I asked her how she was feeling when I left, she told me that she got scared, but then she kept telling herself "Don't panic, don't panic", and she was fine.


When I picked her up, she was so excited to tell Mike and I about all of the fun things she did. She said they read the "Gingerbread Man" book, and then made a gingerbread man. Then they took it to the lady that makes their breakfast and she cooked it for them. But, then they couldn't find him because he ran away! Today, after her second day of school, when I asked her how her day was, she said "Mom, this is the best thing ever, we found the gingerbread man, and then we ate him"!
She has a wonderful teacher, who really loves her job. It's fun to see S-girl growing up so fast, and it's fun to see her enjoying school so much. When we asked her what her favorite part was, she said "All of it".
Mike had the day off yesterday, so after school, he took S-girl out for a daddy daughter date at McDonald's. She must have been very hungry because she ate her entire happy meal (hamburger, apple dippers and a drink) and then proceeded to eat french fries, and half of Mike's sandwich. She said that we need to do that for her every day after school. Probably not, but maybe every once in a while.

Comments
I remember Tayler saying the same thing about the Gingerbread man (that they found him & then ate him).
Her teacher is awesome. I'm excited about all of her adventures.