Mike's kitchen and off to San Diego!

Mike wakes up at with me at 4:45 in the morning (most mornings that is) and while I go to the gym, he stays home and watches the Create channel. He loves to watch the cooking shows, and a couple of weeks ago, they made calzones. Well ever since then, Mike has been wanting to make them. He made pizza calzones a week ago, and this past weekend, it was cordon bleu calzones. They are so yummy, and the kids had a great time helping him with the pizza dough. It's not the best picture, but it was the only one I had with all three kids in it. You should see Mason's face light up when he realizes that he gets to work with real food, instead of just pretending.Mike and I are off to San Diego tomorrow morning. This is like a dream come true for us. Our 10th anniversary is in March, so this is like an early anniversary trip. Mike had to go for some training for work, and luckily, we had enough Sky Miles to buy my ticket. So, the trip will end up costing very little, considering his work is paying for the hotel and his food. Mike will come home Friday, and I'll be staying two extra days. My sister, who lives in Palm Springs will be driving to San Diego, and my mom and sister in law, who live here will be flying down Friday morning. The rest of the weekend will be a girls weekend.
We will be going to the temple on Friday, which I'm really excited about. It will be pretty amazing to see this temple in person.



I'm really looking forward to this trip. The kids will be in good hands while we are gone. I keep wanting to pinch myself to see if this is real, because right now, it seems so surreal, but tomorrow, when we are on the plane heading off to 70 degree weather, it will be reality to me.

Comments

Maria said…
Yea, Debbie! I hope you can just sit back and enjoy relaxing in the San Diego sun! Have fun fun fun!
Bonny said…
Oh it is a beautiful temple. One of my favorites! I'm so glad you get to go. Broken record, but have fun!
Carley said…
You will have such a wonderful time!!!! The temple is simply gorgeous...It was a dream of mine to see it in person. I still regret that we were not able to go inside since we went to see the temple on a Sunday, but it was still just beautiful and we could still feel the spirit just being there on the grounds. I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!
Jess said…
Hooray for you! I hope you have a fabulous time. Soak up the sun and alone time for all of us! I can't wait to hear all about it.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party