Festival of Trees

On Friday, I took the kids and went to the Festival of Trees. It was so much fun, and I think we found a new tradition. The last time I went was when I was a junior in High School, it's grown a lot since then. The kids loved it. I asked Scoltyn what her favorite part was and she said it was when we bought muffins and sat down and ate them. Okay, so it was not quite the answer I was expecting, but we had a great time.


My kids loved this Pez tree.


And of course all of the princess trees were a hit with my girls.




Then, we found the kids corner, and spent the rest of the time there. They decorated a picture of Santa and put cotton balls on him for his beard.


They bought "elf wands". Mason wanted his own, but I didn't buy him one, he shared with the girls instead. I think this one was in tact for at least 5 minutes before a power stuggle insued and it broke. I guess I should have bought him his own (note to self for next year).

They made "spoon reindeer".

Then they got a manicure. They were able to pick out their own ring, and then got their nails painted. Yes, that is a little boy sitting down getting his nails painted. The girls patiently waited for "him" to be finished before it was their turn. No, I did not let Mason get his nails painted too.

Scotlyn did her's Christmas colors and Ivy choose pink.

Then there was the ice fishing.
This was the Disney tree that we took a picture of on our way out. I think next year, we will plan on spending a few more hours there. It was so much fun, and I have a special place in my heart for Primary Children's Hospital.

Comments

I think next year we will definitely remember to go when all of the other kids are in school. It was so crowded when we went! And as soon as Rachel and I saw the lines at all of the tables in the kids korner we knew that it was definitely a "next year" sort of thing! I sure do love how they go all out, though. I think we should make it a tradition where all of the mom's get to go on a Thursday or something. "Next Year"....
-Jessica
PS... sorry I never called you back. As soon as our Enrichment Night is over tomorrow night I will get back to a schedule... and life... and cleaning... *sigh*
Carley said…
How much fun! I am glad that you got to go....I went years ago, but it would be a lot of fun to make it a tradition. I guess I never realized how many kids activities they have....probably because last time I went I didn't have kids yet and didn't pay any attention to that stuff! Those trees area amazing!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party