Sunday Birthday Party

Ivy cracks me up. She is saying the funniest things lately. On Friday, when Scotlyn came home from the primary program practice, Scotlyn said she said her part in the microphone all by herself and didn't even need help. Ivy, being very excited for Scotlyn said "Oh, you got to talk in the microwave phone?"



Then today, when we went to pick Scotlyn up from school she told me that someday she was going to go to pink school. I said "Oh, you are going to go to preschool?" and she said "no, pink school". I asked her what she would do in pink school, and she told me that she would color with pink crayons, and that she would have a pink teacher. What a funny little girl.

Yesterday, we celebrated my birthday, which it today, Scotlyn's birthday, which is Thursday and my dad's birthday, which is next Monday, a week after mine. It's a huge birthday week for our family. When I was pregnant with Scotlyn I was due two days before my birthday, but I went a week overdue with her. It works out great to have our birthday's so close. We had the primary program on Sunday, so my parents and Mike's parents came over for that. We went back to our house and had one final barbecue of the season (if the weather stays nice we may be able to have more, which I would not mind at all). It was a great afternoon, and my mom made my favorite chocolate desert for my birthday cake. She has made this for me every year, for a very long time. It's so yummy. Here is a photo of Scotlyn and I with the "cake".





This is my parents, Mike's parents and my brother and sister in law. It was such a nice afternoon to be outside.





This is us after we opened our presents. My mom gave me a cover for my sewing machine and a cookbook, along with a subscription to "Family Fun" magazine. Darin and Lyndsey gave me an gift card to Wal-mart, and Mike gave me a Heart Rate Monitor to wear during my spin class. I used it this morning, and I love it!

Scotlyn got the game "Trouble" from Darin and Lyndsey, coloring books, crayons, and some money from my parents, and some reading puzzle games from Mike's parents. She loves it all and has had so much fun playing with all of it.



Everyone was so nice to hang out at our house with the kids while we went to the Stake Center for a boundary realignment meeting for our ward. They created a new ward, and there are several houses from our ward that will be in the new ward. Our ward will be smaller now. We also have a new bishopric in our ward. We have an amazing ward and are so grateful for our past leaders and well as those who will lead us in the future. I can't imagine living anywhere else right now. We feel so blessed to be where we are.

It's been a great day today. Thanks to all of you who sent birthday wishes today.
Mike came home early from work and watched the kids while I went shopping. He made dinner tonight too. I have a wonderful family!

Comments

Emily said…
Happy Birthday Debbie! I am glad to see that you had a good one!
I have been thinking about you all day today and am finally here to wish you a Happy Birthday! It sounds like your day was great. Can't wait to see you again! I love you!
-Jessica
Jess said…
Happy Birthday Deb! We think you are so terrific.
Hope you had a wonderful day. You deserve it.
Leavitt's said…
Happy Birthday. You look great. I think you area an amazing person and I am glad we are still in the same ward
Bonny said…
Nice, I'm glad you had a good one. Sounds like a lot of fun. One more thing in common. Annie's been saying the funniest things lately! Good job, Mike.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party