Scotlyn's Birthday Party
Scotlyn's birthday is this coming Thursday, but because her birthday always falls around General Conference time, we try to have her party the week before conference. She has been counting down the days until her party all week. It was a lot of fun, and was so nice to have her party outside this year. Every year on her birthday, the weather has been cold, until this year. This is a picture of her a couple of days ago, when she decided she was going to build a hot air balloon and fly to Salt Lake. She packed a change of clothes in her backpack and took food with her in the box. She also had a few toys with her, but when she was ready to fly, she realized that there was not room for her to sit in the box. She kept saying to me, "Mom, this is really going to work. I'm going to Salt Lake, I'll be back later". It was too cute. She never did make it to Salt Lake, but she didn't seem too disappointed that she didn't fly. I love how at this age, they love to create and have such an amazing imagination. 
Mike took care of putting things together outside before the birthday party. The kids decorated these picture frames. When we took Ivy to Primary Children's for her EEG over the summer, they had these cute frames that they let the kids decorate while they waited in the waiting room. Ivy loved it and I thought it would be fun to make them at Scotlyn's party. My mom had a bunch of random puzzle pieces that we used to decorate the frames. We also used pom poms and stickers (note to self: buy more pom pom's next time, the kids loved them!)

This is how the yard looked after Mike got everything set up.
See the dead patch of lawn in the bottom right corner? That is what you get when you pour hot boiling water on grass. That patch of lawn was struggling a bit, and after I was done canning salsa one day, I thought I would pour the water on that part of the lawn to "help it out". Well, now I know that hot water is not good for the grass. I hope it grows back next year!

Here are the kids decorating their frames.


Scotlyn really wanted to do a bean bag toss. My mom helped her make bean bags last week, but we were not quite sure what to do for a bean bag toss. I had some boxes from the peaches we got last week, so I thought we could use them for something. It was so funny , because I could tell Mike was making up the whole thing as he spoke to the kids. He would say "here, you throw the bean bag over to that box, and then you run over there as fast as you can before someone else tags you" I could tell he was thinking "yeah, that would work wouldn't it?" What a great guy he is.

Scotlyn specifically requested that we have lunch at her party, and eat pizza. Of course, it was Little Caesar's Hot and Ready Pizza. (I would love to see how much Little Caesar's sales have gone up since they started doing the whole Hot and Ready thing, we never used to eat there before).
Mike took care of putting things together outside before the birthday party. The kids decorated these picture frames. When we took Ivy to Primary Children's for her EEG over the summer, they had these cute frames that they let the kids decorate while they waited in the waiting room. Ivy loved it and I thought it would be fun to make them at Scotlyn's party. My mom had a bunch of random puzzle pieces that we used to decorate the frames. We also used pom poms and stickers (note to self: buy more pom pom's next time, the kids loved them!)
This is how the yard looked after Mike got everything set up.
See the dead patch of lawn in the bottom right corner? That is what you get when you pour hot boiling water on grass. That patch of lawn was struggling a bit, and after I was done canning salsa one day, I thought I would pour the water on that part of the lawn to "help it out". Well, now I know that hot water is not good for the grass. I hope it grows back next year!
Here are the kids decorating their frames.
Scotlyn really wanted to do a bean bag toss. My mom helped her make bean bags last week, but we were not quite sure what to do for a bean bag toss. I had some boxes from the peaches we got last week, so I thought we could use them for something. It was so funny , because I could tell Mike was making up the whole thing as he spoke to the kids. He would say "here, you throw the bean bag over to that box, and then you run over there as fast as you can before someone else tags you" I could tell he was thinking "yeah, that would work wouldn't it?" What a great guy he is.
Scotlyn specifically requested that we have lunch at her party, and eat pizza. Of course, it was Little Caesar's Hot and Ready Pizza. (I would love to see how much Little Caesar's sales have gone up since they started doing the whole Hot and Ready thing, we never used to eat there before).
Comments
That still cracks me up about the hot water....guess I never thought hot water would do that to grass...
Mike is such a great guy...and to be right there in all of the action of a 6 year old birthday party...
Scotlyn is such a cute girl...that is hilarious about the hot air balloon...what an imagination!!!
Happy Birthday Scotlyn!
I love Scotlyn's hot air balloon idea. What a creative little gal. She is so cute!
I hope that she has a very happy birthday!