The Little Man of the House

Our little Mason is such a funny little man. It's fun to have a boy after having two girls. Last week he ended up running a fever for three days, but no seizure. It's such a sigh of relief. We learned that there are four points in the body that are the best places to try and cool the body down, and so we would periodically put an ice pack on his head, neck, armpits and groin area. (only one place at a time, not all of them!) It seemed to work rather nicely. His fever never went above 101. I'm glad the nurse finally told us this after two years of fever worries with Ivy and Mason. Now we know for future reference. Mason hated it when we put the ice packs on him, but Mike would distract him, and I would be able to hold it on him for at least 10-20 seconds at a time.

I have taken several photos of him lately. These were taken last week when I was grinding wheat. He loved to play in the wheat. Who can resist playing in it? I always want to stick my hands in it too!



I have never seen a kid be so interested in tags on clothing. He will pull clothes out of the laundry basket and find the tag on it, so he can stick his fingers in the center of it. He just recently realized that his pants have tags in the back. Here he is trying to find the tag in his pants so he can play with it. He also has a blanket that has two tags on it, and when I put him to sleep, I have to find that corner and put it by his face. He gets so excited to pull apart the tag and put his little fingers in the center of it.


He also sleeps with a puppy dog. Scotlyn picked this dog up at a garage sale when she was two. It's name is "Brownie". He's been so cute sleeping with it lately. This is the look of a little boy with a clear conscience.










Comments

Kendra said…
i totally remember Brownie! i think he's come over to our house once or twice with Scotlyn! :) i'm so happy he's being well loved hehe!
Jess said…
What a cute little guy and the perfect man of the house when the other is away :)

I love his fedish with tags. That is awesome! Rylee has the reverse reaction. She can't stand them to touch her body so everything she wears has the tags ripped out.

What a great pillow Brownie makes. I love it! (and hooray for no seizures. That is fabulous)
Carley said…
How cute is that? I love his tag fettish....and the sleeping on Brownie...can it get any cuter?
Bonny said…
So cute! My kids always had little loveys they slept with. Mason is so cute, he reminds me so much of my Darren. Good tip about the ice packs too.
Jana said…
Hey Debbie! Wow, it's been a long time! Fun to see your darling family. You look great!
I would love to hear details. Could you email me at janaferrel@hotmail.com?
Thanks for finding me, I'm not very good at that part. :)
You should make him one of those taggy blankets. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's just two pieces of fleece sewn together with looped ribbon, laced, etc. sewn around the edges. He would love it!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party