Saturday - Frightmares and Ward Party
Mike's work had a Lagoon Day this past Satuday. It was suppose to be a week ago, but they rescheduled it when the forecast showed snow. It was the perfect day to go to Lagoon, not too hot, but not too cold either. We had such a great time. They had lunch for us, and then we played with the girls. My parents came and watched Mason at our house, so he could take his nap. It was a lot of fun for us to be one on one with the girls.
For some reason, Scotlyn wanted to go to a haunted house first, so we took them on the Terror Ride. The last time I was on that ride was in my about 15 years ago, all I remember is that it was pretty cheesy, but to a 6 and a 3 year old, it was very scary. In fact they have talked a lot about it ever since Saturday, about how it was the scariest thing they have ever seen and how they never want to go on it again. Oops on us for taking them on that ride! This picture was taken just before we went on the ride. I think Scotlyn was having some anxiety about going on it.
Ivy had no idea what she was about to experience.

After that, we immediately wanted to distract them, so we went to the merry go round, which is always a favorite.

We took this photo after we rode the OdySea ride. This was their all time favorite ride of the day. It was a lot of fun, and Mike and I really enjoyed it too.

My parents have a photo of my sister and I at Lagoon riding these helicopters. I need to find it and scan it in. I think we were about their same ages.

On the train!

Scotlyn takes pretty good photos!

This is just before we were leaving the park. It was really crowded, just like a regular summer day at Lagoon. I'm glad we were able to go before it closed for the year!

After we got home, we went to our ward party. It was a lot of fun. They had the annual soup and chili cook off and this year, they had a trunk or treat. The kids of course had a great time. Ivy went off on her own, and for a while, I didn't know where she was, I just hoped she was in the mist of all of the other kids. Honestly, that little girl scares me, she does not have any fear in her little body (except when it comes to haunted houses, which we found out!)
For some reason, Scotlyn wanted to go to a haunted house first, so we took them on the Terror Ride. The last time I was on that ride was in my about 15 years ago, all I remember is that it was pretty cheesy, but to a 6 and a 3 year old, it was very scary. In fact they have talked a lot about it ever since Saturday, about how it was the scariest thing they have ever seen and how they never want to go on it again. Oops on us for taking them on that ride! This picture was taken just before we went on the ride. I think Scotlyn was having some anxiety about going on it.
Ivy had no idea what she was about to experience.
After that, we immediately wanted to distract them, so we went to the merry go round, which is always a favorite.
We took this photo after we rode the OdySea ride. This was their all time favorite ride of the day. It was a lot of fun, and Mike and I really enjoyed it too.
My parents have a photo of my sister and I at Lagoon riding these helicopters. I need to find it and scan it in. I think we were about their same ages.
On the train!
Scotlyn takes pretty good photos!
After we got home, we went to our ward party. It was a lot of fun. They had the annual soup and chili cook off and this year, they had a trunk or treat. The kids of course had a great time. Ivy went off on her own, and for a while, I didn't know where she was, I just hoped she was in the mist of all of the other kids. Honestly, that little girl scares me, she does not have any fear in her little body (except when it comes to haunted houses, which we found out!)
Mason was so funny after he caught on to what was going on. He would go up to the car and hold out his treat bucket, and grunt until someone put candy in it. We were not going to take him trick or treating this year, but we may have to take him to a few houses just for fun. I wished I would have video taped it, it was so funny.
I don't have pictures of them in their costumes, but we really hit a great deal this year. Two months ago, we found them at a garage sale, Scotlyn is a Unicorn and Ivy is a Lion. My mom paid $5.50 for both of them, what a bargain! Mason is Yoda again this year for the second year in a row. The hat is too small, but nothing that a little piece of elastic wouldn't fix. He refused to wear it anyway, so he was a Jedi master. A kid at the party asked me which Jedi he was, and I asked him which one he looked like, he told me Obi-wan, so I said that is who he was.
Here are pictures of the kids after we got home from the party. Scotlyn immediately sorted her candy into different piles, just like I used to do when I was little. She's talking on the phone to Grandma and Grandpa who called to see how their fun day was.
Comments
And holy cow that's a successful trunk or treat right there! And Halloween hasn't even happened yet! So is the Halloween Fairy making an appearance at your house this year?
-Jessica