Six Things About My Awesome 6 year old

Today Scotlyn is officially 6, wow, the time sure does go fast. I decided that today I will list the 6 things about my awesome 6 year old.

1. She thinks school is the greatest thing in the world. She loves the "creation station" where she has unlimited supply of paper and markers to keep her busy for a long time.

2. She has just learned how to do cartwheels, and asks us to watch her do them all the time. She gets better and better every day.

3. She is always asking questions about things, which I love. She reminds me of "Sid the Science Kid", the new show of PBS. The other day as we were walking into Wal-mart, she asked me what was down those big grates in the parking lot, and where did the water go, etc. I love her inquisitive mind.

4. She loves to have breakfast for dinner. That was her request for her dinner tonight, French Toast, eggs, and bacon.

5. She loves to play with her brother and sister and make them laugh.

6. She loves to surprise me. There have been numerous times when I have spilled something in the kitchen, and she will ask me to leave the room for a minute. When she says it's okay to return, she has cleaned up everything so she could surprise me. What a sweet girl she is.

I love her so much, and I'm so glad she is in our family. Here are some pictures of the last 6 years on her birthday. It's fun to remember every year.

2002 - this is the day we came home from the hospital. She was 4 days old. We were able to stay 2 extra days because she was born C-section.



2003 - this is her eating her birthday dounut.



2004 - there are 2 pictures here. She went through a phase where she hated people laughing or singing loud. In the second picture, she is showing her disapproval of the singing. (I'm so glad we don't have those drapes anymore!)







2005




2006




2007






2008 - I forgot to put this picture with her birthday post. We did have a pinata, which is always her request every year. Her hair used to be a lot more curly than it is now. I miss that, but it's fun to remember what it used to be like.


Comments

Kendra said…
It's so sweet to look back and see what a cute baby scotlyn was! not to mention what a great girl she is now! Happy Birthday Scotlyn!!
Happy Birthday Scotlyn! We love you!
-Jessica
And I had to laugh at the crying picture in 2004. At first I thought Kathryn was me until I noticed myself in the opposite corner balancing my baby on my big pregnant belly! Eek!
Bonny said…
She's so cute! How the time goes, huh?
Leavitt's said…
I remember when Scotlyn first came to nursery and she just cried for Morgan. She was so cute!!
Jess said…
I love to go back through the years. She is such a sweet girl.

It does seem like time goes so quickly with these little girls. How can they all be 6? We moved in when Tayler was still crawling. Crazy!

p.s. I love breakfast for dinner too Scotlyn! Good choice.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party