Here are a few happenings from last week (thank goodness for cameras, or I may have forgotten all of this!)

This picture of Mason is going to be one of those that he will be angry with me about when he is 16, but right now, it's really funny. Mason got into his sisters make up and decided to put on lipstick. What a funny little man he is.



Ivy just has such a hard time going to sleep at night, even if she is exhausted. The other night, I walked into their room to check on them, and this is what I found. She had climbed up to Scotlyn's bed and had fallen asleep with her.
Ivy is getting better about going to sleep though, we used to leave the hall light on so the girls would have some reading time in their bed, but we found out that it was making things worse for Ivy. So now, we turn off all of the lights, and she will usually be asleep in 10 minutes. We just can't let her sleep during the day, which is hard because she gets so tired during the day, but if she does sleep, she is up until 11:00 or later.


Last night, we went for a ride in the car, and Ivy fell asleep for about 10 minutes. When we got home, I put her in her bed and she woke right up. Ugh! She was up until 10:30 or so, although we are not sure what time she went to bed because Mike and I fell asleep before she did. We do have a child gate that we keep at the door of her bedroom, so that keeps her from wandering around the house. She had clothes all over her room this morning, which is her favorite thing to do when she can't get to sleep at night.


When we went for our ride last night, I wanted to say "let's go look at Christmas lights", but then I realized that it isn't even Halloween yet!
This is what we woke up to yesterday morning. I am so not ready for winter yet. I have realized more and more the past few years that I do not like the cold. I would take a 100 degree day any day over the winter. But, that is all of the complaining I will do. Like it or not, here it comes, and luckily, this is going to melt this week. I can either complain or enjoy the good things about winter, and see it through the eyes of my kids, who were ecstatic yesterday morning to see the snow, now, where did I put those winter boots?


Mike's dad invited him to go to the BYU game on Saturday. Mike has not been to a game for a few years now, so he was really excited to go. He had a great time with his family, and loved the game. Here are a couple of pictures his dad took at the game. A few years back, in our pre-child days, (it must have been the fall of 2001), Mike and I went to a few games together. It was so much fun, and someday, it would be a lot of fun to get season tickets and go together. Maybe our kids would be old enough to enjoy the games then too.


I almost forgot to post this picture. This morning when I went to the kitchen to grab the camera so I could upload these pictures, Mason was sitting on the couch doing what he always is doing, playing with a pot and a spoon. When he saw I had the camera in my hand, he looked at me with this cheesy grin. He sure knows what to do for the camera!

Comments

Leavitt's said…
I can handle the snow, but I can't handle all of the sickness that comes with it.
Bonny said…
You sure have a lot more snow that we did. By the time we were home from church it was melted. That is funny of Mason and the lipstick. Carlyn is the one who has trouble falling asleep. We have to put Annie to bed sooner or Carlyn will entice her to stay up and play til we just scream at them :P
Jess said…
I can't believe the snow. And 4 inches. Holy cow!

That first picture of Mason is so great. Definitely one to frame for his wedding day :)

Love the recap. Such a cute family you have.
Rachel L said…
I think that color looks great on him.

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party