Halloween Happenings around the House

Here are a few of the things we have been doing this past week. Mike's family lives in Utah County. His Grandma's birthday is on Halloween, but she is having hip surgery the day before, so Mike's sister planned a get together this past Saturday at her house. It was so much fun, and we had a great time visiting with everyone. Here is a picture with all of the great grand kids that were there, with Mike's grandma in the middle. Ivy and her cousin that were born two weeks apart are on the right side, eating a bag of Doritos's the entire time we were taking pictures. I love Mike's family,and I feel very lucky that I was able to marry into his family.



This was taken right after Mason went up to Grandma and gave her a "high 5".



Mike's grandma is such a neat woman. Every month this year, she has sent out personalized birthday cards to all of us. (she always sends out cards every year, but this year, they were all pictures with her in them, so they are even more special!) It's amazing to me that with all of her posterity, (she and grandpa had 11 children, they have 50 grandchildren, plus spouses and I'm not sure what the great-grandchildren count is up to now) that she manages to remember all of our birthdays. September's card is priceless. Mike's entire family are huge BYU football fans. Mike's Grandpa, who passed away two years ago was also a huge fan, so this was the card Grandma made for those of us with September birthdays. Mike and I are lucky that both of our birthday's are in September.




Scotlyn ordered this book from the book order at school. It's a book that you can write your letters, and wipe them off. One day last week, she and Ivy sat in this chair for an hour and Scotlyn was teaching Ivy her letters. It was really cute.




We carved pumpkins Monday night for Family Home Evening.





This is Ivy making her pumpkin gut soup.



This is not a very good picture, I'll have to take a new one.



This is how Scotlyn laid out her clothes for school the other day. I'm impressed that the arms are in the straps of her backpack, and her feet are in her shoes.


Here is the last random photo. The girls woke up early before Mike left for work, and they are all watching the cooking shows on PBS. We love our DTV converter box, now we can get cooking shows on PBS 24/7!

Comments

The video of Mason and the picture of Dawn were our entertainment for the evening. :-)
Rachel L said…
I didn't ever get to see that picture of Grandma on the Sept birthday card. It is hysterical! I love her. I love all the pictures. I too am sooo happy I married into this family. We did good, Debbie. High five from Spanish Fork!

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party