Bike Riding Success!


Scotlyn has mastered riding her bike! She wants to ride it all of the time now, every day! It's so fun to watch her ride it. I still remember when I learned how to ride a bike. There is something that is so empowering about it.
For a while, the seat of her bike would twist and was not tight, but Mike was not sure how to fix it. Our good neighbor, John, who used to fix bikes, offered to fix it for her. It was so nice of him, and it helped her to feel more comfortable on her bike. The day she learned how to ride it, she practiced for over an hour. She did not want me holding the bike for her, but would balance herself with her feet until she felt comfortable putting her feet on the pedals. It would hurt the back of her legs though, so much that she was very upset and frustrated about it, but she would not quit, and wanted to still try. A couple of days later, I overheard her saying to a friend "Do you know how I did it? I just kept trying and didn't give up!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm going private

Entertainment

Scotlyn's Birthday Party