Soccer Girls
The girls decided they wanted to play soccer this year. They have played two games so far, and have had tons of fun. I think Scotlyn is a little more excited about it than Ivy is. Although Ivy really enjoys it, she gets a little frustrated when someone kicks the ball, just before she is planning on kicking it. It's fun to watch little 4 year olds running up and down the field. During Ivy's first game, she picked up the ball and put it right in front of the goal, and all of the other little 4 year old girls just sat and watched her do it, then she kicked it in. It is very entertaining to watch.


I was a little concerned about Scotlyn playing because this is the first time she has played soccer and several of the girls on her team have played before, but she is doing great! Both of the girls have great coaches, which makes a huge difference. At her game yesterday, she even scored the final goal of the game. You could tell that she was so pleased with herself, and we were so proud of her too. So, every Saturday morning between now and the end of October, you know what we will be doing!

After their first game, we went and had lunch at Artic Circle. My dad gave Ivy some money to buy extra fries, and she ordered and payed for them all by herself. After they gave her the fries, she said "Thank you for baking them for me". It was so cute and the people working there had a good laugh. I hope it made them feel good about making fries for my little four year old girl. 
Just as a side note, I have been trying to keep track of the numerous ways Heavenly Father has blessed our lives since we have really been focusing on paying off our debt. Not that he did not bless us before now, because he has always blessed us in ways I cannot even count, but I have really been noticing more and more just how he is aware of us, and our situation. When I went to buy the girls their shin guards to play soccer, the store I went to had 4 pair of clearance guards for $3.97 a piece! Two pairs of them were just the right sizes for the girls. Then, my awesome neighbor gave us her kids cleats that they had outgrown. Her kids are just older than mine, so it worked out perfect! Miracles never cease!
I was a little concerned about Scotlyn playing because this is the first time she has played soccer and several of the girls on her team have played before, but she is doing great! Both of the girls have great coaches, which makes a huge difference. At her game yesterday, she even scored the final goal of the game. You could tell that she was so pleased with herself, and we were so proud of her too. So, every Saturday morning between now and the end of October, you know what we will be doing!
Just as a side note, I have been trying to keep track of the numerous ways Heavenly Father has blessed our lives since we have really been focusing on paying off our debt. Not that he did not bless us before now, because he has always blessed us in ways I cannot even count, but I have really been noticing more and more just how he is aware of us, and our situation. When I went to buy the girls their shin guards to play soccer, the store I went to had 4 pair of clearance guards for $3.97 a piece! Two pairs of them were just the right sizes for the girls. Then, my awesome neighbor gave us her kids cleats that they had outgrown. Her kids are just older than mine, so it worked out perfect! Miracles never cease!
Comments
Tayler has really enjoyed playing soccer. I can only imagine what Rylee will do. She might play for 1 minute and then be done!
I love he ice cream treat afterwards. That is the best part!